Designing the Abeingo Youth Program: Why?
- For many young immigrants, reconciling cultural conflicts is a difficult task.
- To create a clear understanding on trying to combat racism and prevent gun violence in the community.
- To assist high school students acquire their 40-hour.
- There is need to provide a forum for the youth to discuss the challenges and create shared solutions.
- The is need to create a forum to discuss inter cultural and intra cultural issues that the youth may face in Canada.
- To engage the youth – keeping them busy- and make them responsible citizens being children of two worlds.
- An attempt to mentor them into something positive in life.
- To provide career counselling, hobbies and networking.
This is achiveved through :
- Skills Development – workshops on conflict resolution, stress management, time management, media literacy, team building etc.
- Youth to contribute on the website, organize trips activities, stories, essays.